Andrew L. Rane
1967, Chicago, IL
Workers’ Compensation Defense
Andrew joined Garofalo, Schreiber, Storm & Grant, Chtd. immediately upon his graduation from Northern Illinois University School of Law in 1994 where he received his Juris Doctorate and also served as a teaching assistant in legal research and writing during his second and third years of law school. He was the recipient of the American Juris Prudence Award in Administrative Law. He also worked in the Kane County DUI Court as a third year law student Pursuant to Supreme Court Rule 711. Andrew received his Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Illinois at Champaign Urbana in 1989.
Andrew is a frequent lecturer in all aspects of the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Act. He has conducted seminars for carriers, insurance brokers, trade organizations, self-insured employers and on behalf of the Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education. He also contributed a book chapter on trial process and general procedures before the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission published by LexisNexis.
- BV Distinguished Lawyer rating by LexisNexis Martindale Hubbell
- Client Distinction Award from Martindale Hubbell
- President of the Workers’ Compensation Lawyers’ Association (2014)
- Officer of Workers’ Compensation Lawyers’ Association (2012-2013)
Memberships and Affiliations
- Federal Bar of the United States District Court of the Northern District of Illinois
- United States Court of Appeals Seventh Circuit
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers’ Association